Re: [ietf-dkim] Clarifying DKIM (etc.) expectations for mailing lists in the face of digests

2010-08-05 10:24:45
there are phishing attacks possible that work through lists but are
extremely unlikely to work when the message is part of a digest.

Could you give some examples of phishing attacks that work through
lists?  Real ones you've seen would be much more helpful than
hypothetical ones.

The only recent phish I can think of on my lists is the "I've been
robbed in a foreign country and need money" scam.  But that invariably
comes from a compromised account, where the crook has stolen the
purported sender's credentials.  How could DKIM or any signature
scheme address that?

R's,
John

PS: my apologies to anyone who's finding this repetitive