Re: [ietf-dkim] Straw poll results

2010-08-09 15:52:02
Well, OK.  Can you offer some non-hypothetical situations where you would
read or respond to list mail differently if there were extra assurance on
identity of the list contributor?

Until recently I used an anti-spam software package that provided the
functionality of whitelisting based on the From address.

I believe it, I have procmail rules that do approximately the same thing.

Did you find that useful when handling mail from lists?  Surely you didn't
try to whitelist everyone who ever contributed to every list you ever
read.

I'm not trying to pick on you, but I would like to understand if there is
any non-hypothetical spam or delivery management of list mail by
contributor address.  So far it's all "well, someone might."

R's,
John