Re: [ietf-dkim] Straw poll results

2010-08-09 16:43:37
John R. Levine wrote to Rolf E. Sonneveld:

Until recently I used an anti-spam software package that provided the
functionality of whitelisting based on the From address.

I believe it, I have procmail rules that do approximately the same thing.

Did you find that useful when handling mail from lists?  Surely you didn't
try to whitelist everyone who ever contributed to every list you ever
read.

I'm not trying to pick on you, but I would like to understand if there is
any non-hypothetical spam or delivery management of list mail by
contributor address.  So far it's all "well, someone might."

 From what I can see, Yahoo.com Online mail interface has two options
to white list mail, otherwise all new mail goes into the a SPAM box first.

1) White list the 2822.From (which it calls "Sender") by adding its to
the user's contact list,

2) Creating a filter, which from I see does not allow 5322.Header rules.

This is the filter form:

Filter name: ______________
sender:     _______________ [_] sender match case
recipient:  _______________ [_] recipient match case
subject:    _______________ [_] subject match case
body:       _______________ [_] body match case
Move to Folder: ______________

The only way I was able to white list a test list was to use a Subject
rule for [LIST_NAME] to move it to a folder LIST_NAME.

--
Hector Santos, CTO
http://www.santronics.com