[ietf-dkim] Repeating the SPF/SRS mistakes (was Straw poll results

2010-08-09 18:44:44

On Aug 9, 2010, at 4:31 PM, Scott Kitterman wrote:

On Monday, August 09, 2010 06:52:04 pm Steve Atkins wrote:

One implication of that is that if you're planning to do something with
email that will break if there's a MLM involved, it's broken[1].

Cheers,
 Steve

[1] We could call this "The SRS lemma".

Yes.  It's very similar.

One needs to decide what factors one cares about the most.  I said a few
threads ago that I don't think there is a completely satisfactory solution.
think the possibilities are roughly:

1.  Fix lists so that signatures survive.

2.  Have MLMs change the domain of the message.

3.  Have mail get rejected/discarded/etc.

4. Write off ADSP as broken, do something useful instead.

(Just for completeness).

There are variants of all three possibilities, but none that will satisfy
everyone.

Yup.

Cheers,
  Steve