Re: [ietf-dkim] draft-ietf-dkim-mailinglists-01 review request

2010-08-09 18:39:38

On 8/9/2010 3:57 PM, John Levine wrote:
DKIM and ADSP evaluation are not performed during an SMTP session, unless the
session is delayed after the crlf.crlf, and that's not supposed to happen.

Why not?  My MTA usually does a whole spamassassin run between the end
of data and the ack.  It adds maybe five seconds, at a point where 5321
says the timeout should be ten minutes.

It's considered bad form to hold up senders that way. For one thing, it adds
non-determinacy at a point which can produce retransmissions.

I'm sure you're not the only one doing it, but as I recall, the standards to no
institutionalize anything that forces it.

d/
--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking