Re: [ietf-dkim] draft-ietf-dkim-mailinglists-01 review request

2010-08-10 02:00:10
-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org [mailto:ietf-dkim-
bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Graham Murray
Sent: Monday, August 09, 2010 11:00 PM
To: ietf-dkim(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org

Anyone using the opendkim sendmail/postfix milter will be doing this
checking during the SMTP session.

For that matter, anyone implementing any kind of filtering using the milter API
is specifically doing so during SMTP.

And I think that goes for non-milter implementations that do things with
forward-to-pipe mechanisms, which at least Sendmail supports; I'm fairly
certain the post-DATA reply only happens when the pipe completes, so that an
appropriate SMTP reply can be returned in case the piped-to program fails.

It's pretty universal.