Re: [ietf-dkim] On changing From: when sending through lists

2010-08-10 18:07:59
On Aug 1, 2010, at 3:43 PM, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:

This makes at least the third time this has been suggested by someone.  I
believe (though I'm willing to be corrected) that the draft should therefore
cover this possibility and either advocate it or explain why it's a bad idea.
 The latter is acceptable; the material is on-topic, and we're trying to
relay implementation advice and experience here, so it can be a cookbook of
what to do as well as what not to do.

Comments?  And if you agree, your rationales in either direction?  (I'll take
Daniel's text at that link into account.)

Weighing in a bit late...I think this approach should be included in the
document.  It's an entirely reasonable approach with some existing
implementations, and it may not be as surprising to end users as it is to those
of us who read raw email headers daily before breakfast.