Re: [ietf-dkim] On changing From: when sending through lists

2010-08-02 12:49:29
On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 6:43 PM, Murray S. Kucherawy
<msk(_at_)cloudmark(_dot_)com> wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org [mailto:ietf-dkim-
bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Daniel Black
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2010 5:15 AM
To: ietf-dkim(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org

On Thursday 29 July 2010 21:21:41 Charles Lindsey wrote:
I promised to do this some while back, but only just got a round
tuit.

Ah the mythical round tuit.

I put a similar idea through when once I had a round tuit. Feel free to
follow
the threads.
http://mipassoc.org/pipermail/dkim-dev/2009-September/000202.html

This makes at least the third time this has been suggested by someone.  I
believe (though I'm willing to be corrected) that the draft should therefore
cover this possibility and either advocate it or explain why it's a bad idea.
 The latter is acceptable; the material is on-topic, and we're trying to
relay implementation advice and experience here, so it can be a cookbook of
what to do as well as what not to do.

Comments?  And if you agree, your rationales in either direction?  (I'll take
Daniel's text at that link into account.)

Well, I'm on a mailing list (a custom one) that re-writes the From to
the mailing list, and frankly I like it.

--
Jeff Macdonald
Ayer, MA