Re: [ietf-dkim] Feedback on draft-ietf-dkim-mailinglists for discussion

2010-08-02 12:55:08
On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 6:22 PM, Murray S. Kucherawy
<msk(_at_)cloudmark(_dot_)com> wrote:
Some offlist feedback I wanted to bounce to the list to gauge consensus:

a) Section 5.1 currently advocates a warning to new subscribers to an MLM
with a highly restrictive ADSP policy.  Should this be stronger, such as “a
warning is advised, and full denial should be considered”?

+1

c) A “-1” to the idea of altering From: to cope with ADSP; the reason given:
“This presumes endpoints will understand a DKIM-related From:-altered
message.”

I must of missed that point in Daniel's thread. I hadn't realized that
the From would of been conditionally re-written. Today, endpoints (I
take that to mean MUAs), don't seem to have a standard way of dealing
with mailing lists anyway. So I'd say -1 to the reason.

--
Jeff Macdonald
Ayer, MA