Re: [ietf-dkim] marketing dkim

2010-08-19 12:39:21
On 08/19/2010 10:23 AM, Stephen Farrell wrote:

On 19/08/10 18:06, Michael Thomas wrote:
On 08/19/2010 09:20 AM, John Levine wrote:
Be sure to tell them that ADSP is not useful, according to one of the
authors of the ADSP RFC.

Chairs --

Can I ask for a revision of ADSP where John is stripped out of the document?

You can ask. The answer is that we don't currently have
a revision of ASDP on our charter and RFCs do not change.

It's ridiculous that he presumes to speak for it,

John was an editor of ADSP, which is a WG product. I think its a fine
thing to do editing work even if you don't agree with the content.

Well, I don't. Would you hire somebody to build a bridge that they
think would be fine and dandy if it collapsed?

I personally wouldn't then deride the WG output, but the RFC is what
gets read, so I treat remarks like John's as the background noise that
they are, but I do understand why some WG participants find it annoying.

That's because you have scruples.

and it was a huge mistake
to give him this undue credibility. Especially when he has none.

That last is out of order on a list such as this. Please desist.

I'd say I'm sorry, but I'm not. You guys made a huge mistake, and
John's continuing baseless jihad is a disservice to the community.

Mike