Re: [ietf-dkim] marketing dkim

2010-08-20 13:32:39

On 8/20/2010 11:18 AM, John Levine wrote:
Why isn't a signed 822.From sufficiently accurate sender information
from a provider who cares?
    I sign everything, and make no effort to validate stuff on
the From: line.

They key point is that DKIM makes no statement about the basis by which a given
signature is made or not made, AND different signers do indeed have very
different criteria.

No doubt some do validate the From: field.  Others merely mean "the message
went
through my MTA".  Any assertion of From: field assessment is therefore far
outside the scope of the DKIM base specification.

d/
--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking