Re: [ietf-dkim] Mailing lists and signatures (fwd)

2010-08-21 10:08:49
John R. Levine wrote:
Yes, I am a nitwit, but you knew that.  This time I'll tell Alpine to
sign it with S/MIME.

Hahahaha, I figured someone will catch this. Glad it was you. :)

If anything John, it shows the power of POLICY and also the concern of
FALSE POSITIVES.

To a HUMAN, this was a good message by John Levine, but under a wide
general automated operations world that includes the unknowns,
including people that don't know you John (domain), we need general
software guidelines all can follow. IMO, it would be better to REJECT
your flawed message for your sake than to make it an indeterminate
condition.   With POLICY, its no longer indeterminate.

To even begin get this right, we need some level of protocol
consistency among WG documents.  To continue with the subjective and
one WG document conflicting with another WG document, seems to be an
very problematic issue to address for this WG.

--
Hector Santos, CTO
http://www.santronics.com