Re: [ietf-dkim] Mailing lists and signatures (fwd)

2010-08-21 12:48:56
John R. Levine wrote:

John,

For your reposted message with Alphine, I am still not seeing any
S/MIME based certified mail indicator in Thunderbird 2.0.

T'bird for some reason doesn't see signatures wrapped inside another
part. Try another MUA like Evolution and it should work better.

I don't have it installed, however, I trust you when you say it will
work Evolution MUA.

But overall John, I'm sure you agree and understand we are not in
position to dictate what "Favorite MUA" users will have.

That was evident again in a recent NNTP Proxy project I had for the
Microsoft Web-Based Forums when they began to force software
developers to use the web based forums by deprecating the Microsoft
NNTP news servers and their microsoft.public.* newsgroups starting in
June and by the EOY, all of the newsgroups will be gone off their nntp
servers.

The MS Forums has a SOAP-based WEB service API which allowed three
NNTP proxies to be written to allow to provide emulated NNTP access
for MUAs.

The #1 issue we all had was surprisingly how widely different MUAs are
being used.  One guys swears by Agent, the other guy swears by Opera
browser Mail component, others use old outlook vs new LiveMail, others
use the old and new TBIRD, so on and so on.

Let me try LiveMail because I have an alias LiveID (hotmail) account
for this group....  No.  If interested, this is what I see with
LiveMail showing this message:

    http://beta.winserver.com/public/files/levine2.png

As a side note, no body is shown as you can see.  This is telling me
the software at mipassoc.org has some issues here maybe.  Users with
LiveMail (a good chunk of the corporate world and PC world) will not
see what you have to say here john. :)

If you like, send a direct test message to hls70(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com so I
can
see how LiveMail shows your S/MIME signed mail.

--
Hector Santos, CTO
http://www.santronics.com