Re: [ietf-dkim] Mailing lists and s/mime & dkim signatures - mua considerations

2010-08-22 12:34:47
John R. Levine wrote:
  I'm sorry, this gets the history wrong.  We had a lot of arguments about
this when we were doing 4871, and I believe you will find that we added
l= over substantial opposition under the theory that it would compensate
for a significant fraction of MLM modifications.  I think we now have
found that was overoptimistic.  The right thing to do is to deprecate
l=, not make more mistakes.

This is, as usual, shamelessly wrong. We showed that over 90% of mlm signatures
could be verified. Real life data, from a large company's mail stream. You have
no data other than blatant assertions.

Mike