Re: [ietf-dkim] Mailing lists and signatures (fwd)

2010-08-21 14:59:50
The general form of this issue is that MIME processing varies widely
and maybe wildly.  This is especially true for matters of nesting.
Any design that relies on consistent handling of nested MIME
constructions is likely to fail.

You're quite right, and I would extend it to say that any design that
relies on MUAs to do anything consistently is in trouble.

But I do think that S/MIME is as close as anyone's likely to get to a
robust signature that is linked to an individual sender.

R's,
John