Re: [ietf-dkim] Mailing lists and s/mime & dkim signatures - mua considerations

2010-08-22 19:56:56
failure to show the signature is due to bugs in user MUA's S/MIME code.
S/MIME has been around for a decade, and I've been a little surprised to
find that the support in MUAs is so buggy once you get beyond the simplest
cases.

Looking at this list of RFC's required to implement it I'm not surprised
(http://tools.ietf.org/wg/smime/).

Remember, the basic support works.  If your MUA can't verify the signature
on the copy of this message I'm sending to you directly, I'll be
surprised.  The bugs are in arcane cases (pardon me for shouting) THAT
NOBODY CARES ABOUT.

Wouldn't it be easy to add DKIM support to a few opensource MLMs and have the
option of DKIM-Friendlyness available to all?

No, of course not.  See previous mail.

R's,
John