Re: [ietf-dkim] actual practice, In the spirit of moving forward...

2010-09-15 13:44:12
Is anybody going to be really upset if I go that route and then work toward a
WGLC later this year?

Nope, so long as it describes actual practice, as a BCP is supposed to do.

It doesn't have to be universal practice, but it really should be
something that someone, somewhere does, so we can at least have an
existence proof that it doesn't immediately cause massive failures.

Here's some actual practice I have observed in the wild:

- sign list mail with a list signature (Yahoo Groups, Google Groups,
   this list, my lists)

- add and sign an A-R header describing signatures on inbound mail (this
   list, Googlegroups using an X- header)

- remove signatures from incoming mail (Googlegroups, Yahoo Groups, this
   list)

- keep signatures from incoming mail even if they're broken (my lists)

Anything else?

Regards,
John Levine, johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet
for Dummies",
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://www.johnlevine.com, ex-Mayor
Please consider the environment before sending e-mail.