Re: [ietf-dkim] draft-ietf-dkim-mailinglists-02 review

2010-09-15 19:17:37
SM wrote:
Hi Murray,
At 09:52 14-09-10, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
How about: "It is important to us that this arrive at your inbox
signed by us and unmodified.  You should not keep it if that is not the
case."

...which is how I read the RFC.

 From Section 4.2.1 of RFC 5617:

   "All mail from the domain is signed with an
    Author Domain Signature.  Furthermore, if a
    message arrives without a valid Author Domain
    Signature due to modification in transit,
    submission via a path without access to a
    signing key, or any other reason, the domain
    encourages the recipient(s) to discard it."

As a receiver, I read this as the sender encouraging me to discard
the message if it is not DKIM verified.  From previous discussions on
this mailing list, it seems that the arguement was about reducing the
amount of bounces.

Small nit:  "as the AUTHOR DOMAIN encouraging me to discard ....."

--
Hector Santos, CTO
http://www.santronics.com