Re: [ietf-dkim] draft-ietf-dkim-mailinglists-02 review

2010-09-14 14:21:42
On Sep 14, 2010, at 9:52 AM, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:

I don't think ADSP "discardable" means simply "throw it away" because it
leaves out the "ifs" that are supposed to be in front of it.  That simplified
interpretation presupposes the message will pretty much always arrive signed
but not verifiable, meaning you basically don't believe DKIM can be trusted
to work.

How about: "It is important to us that this arrive at your inbox signed by us
and unmodified.  You should not keep it if that is not the case."

...which is how I read the RFC.

And what the proponents intended when we wrote it.