Re: [ietf-dkim] draft-ietf-dkim-mailinglists-02 review

2010-09-15 10:03:11

--On 14 September 2010 10:32:53 -0400 "John R. Levine"
<johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com>
wrote:

It does not mean low value mail and I don't think you will find a
sending mplementing dkim=discardable that would agree with you.

Then in the RFC we utterly failed to make it clear what dkim=discardable
means.  Sigh.

Once again, we see that ADSP is so broken that even people who like it
don't understand what it is for.

R's,
John

So, when would email be so valuable that it needs signing, but of such low
value that it doesn't need delivering? Answer, when they're two different
emails (one spoofed).

We're not talking about email with broken signatures, we're talking about
email with good signatures that are about to become broken.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex