Re: [ietf-dkim] THIS IS A MULTIPLE 5322.FROM MESSAGE

2010-10-05 19:01:06
Again, please don't CC me.  I'm subscribed to the list.

Stephen Farrell wrote:

On 05/10/10 23:54, Julian Mehnle wrote:
Recommending that one more "From" be added to h= (and hashed)
than From headers are initially placed in the message should be
enough. There is no need to change the semantics of the spec.

Assuming that "recommending" above maps to a (putative)
"MUST/SHOULD" statement in 4871bis, I'd be interested in
opinions as to whether such a change might slow progress
to draft standard, or be detrimental to current deployments.

Yeah, possibly.  I wasn't even thinking of using RFC 2119 verbiage.

As I've written in my previous mail I think there's a better way to solve
this (non-)issue.  Just s/Comments/From/ in that INFORMATIVE NOTE on page
41 of 4871bis-01.  What do you think?

-Julian