Re: [ietf-dkim] detecting header mutations after signing

2010-10-08 22:24:48
With this, there is no need to rely on enforcement mechanisms
outside DKIM, such as the correct implementation of RFC 5322.

I would suggest constraining that to include only those fields that are
0-or-1 in RFC5322 Section 3.6.  For example, doing this with Received:
is begging for signature invalidation on otherwise unaltered messages.

Signed Received headers at all is asking for trouble, but I take your
point.  So here's a 0th cut at a list of headers where we should recommend
N+1 entries in the h=

rfc 5322

   From
   Sender
   Reply-To  (maybe not, since often smashed by mailing lists)
   Cc        (not Bcc even though it's 0/1)
   Message-ID
   Subject
   Date

rfc 4021