Re: [ietf-dkim] detecting header mutations after signing

2010-10-15 15:04:48
Well a broken signature is morally equivalent to unsigned so Im not sure of the
potential harm...
On Oct 15, 2010, at 11:53 AM, Dave CROCKER wrote:

On 10/15/2010 11:40 AM, Mark Delany wrote:
Well, if you want to introduce semantic changes why not just change
the meaning of h=from:to: to be semantically identical to
h=from:from:to:to:

This would mean that it is /never/ ok to add a listed header field after
signing.  Adding would /always/ break the signature.

That's a very powerful semantic change.

I've no idea that it's completely safe.  It seems like it ought to be, but I
worry about corner cases.

d/

ps.  I would expect such a semantic change to require re-cycling the spec at
Proposed.
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking