Re: [ietf-dkim] Proposal for new text about multiple header issues

2010-10-25 09:55:51
The thought is that two Subject lines is worth rejecting, an extra at
sign in the Message-ID is not.

I'm fine with that if we think implementers will find it easier to construct a
comprehensive "likely" list versus just enforcing the spec.

It's not easier but I'm with Steve here.  People are not likely to
implement a spec that says that verifiers fail due to trivial syntax
errors in the message.

At this point, the only things I'm aware of that present a risk of bad
rendering are duplicate headers and l= that doesn't cover the whole
message.  That list may grow in the future, but I doubt it will grow
very fast.

R's,
John