Re: [ietf-dkim] If DKIM would ignore [] at the beginning of the subject line

2011-03-31 12:10:11
On Mar 31, 2011, at 8:51 AM, Al Iverson wrote:

I think the MLM document makes all of this stuff pretty clear already.

It does to me; it seems like dropping the original signature and
signing with the list manager site signature is the appropriate way to
go.

Yup.  The problem isn't that we haven't made this advice public (though it may
carry more weight after last call.)  The problem is that it takes a long time
for these ideas to disseminate to all list software deployed everywhere --
especially the outdated versions of MailMan that many sites run on autopilot.

FWIW, here's how I got DKIM signatures on messages resent by the lists I host
with MailMan two years ago, without needing to wait for MailMan to update
anything at all:

http://www.circleid.com/posts/dkim_for_discussion_lists/

--
J.D. Falk
the leading purveyor of industry counter-rhetoric solutions