Re: [ietf-dkim] Working Group Last Call on 4871bis// A-label requirement

2011-04-19 18:08:02
Sorry, this message makes no sense.  The IETF has been working on non-ASCII
domain names and
e-mail for over a decade, and we are certainly not going to do random things
that ignore that
effort and the many RFCs that describe the use of IDNs in the DNS.

Sounds like what we actually need is some way to point to the relevant work
elsewhere in the
IETF, even though it's apparently a moving target with many strong opinions
continuing to
shove it in multiple directions.  Is it permissible to simply reference the
working group's
tools page?

The current language references RFC 3490, my proposed change
references RFC 5890, which supersedes 3490.  The title of 5890 is
"Internationalized Domain Names for Applications (IDNA): Definitions
and Document Framework."

How much more of a pointer does anyone need?

R's,
John