Re: [ietf-dkim] Output summary

2011-04-29 23:31:42
It is indeed an effort based, at least in part, on clarifying stuff
we learned since the earlier version based on experience.  I think
it's pretty clear that's what's being done.  Dropping "g=" is a prime
example.

We've hardly changed the parts that describe how to create and verify
the signature at all, other than perhaps to say that the main output
is d= rather than i=.  (Even there, the way the verifier extracts them
from the message hasn't changed.)

But we've trimmed or removed a lot of what's called in the legal world
dicta, non normative comments.  A good example is all the stuff that
said that a verifier edits the message, which was someone's (I
honestly don't know whose) idea of how it would fit into an
application, but which no implementation I'm aware of actually did.

R's,
John