Re: [ietf-dkim] Output summary - proposing ODID "Originating Domain Identity"

2011-05-05 05:49:04
On 5/5/11 1:36 AM, Michael Thomas wrote:
On 05/04/2011 03:55 PM, Rolf E. Sonneveld wrote:

Well, I think you both are right in reading what my concern/objection
against 4871bis is. And maybe you're also right in that RFC4871
wasn't that much different of RFC4871bis.

I think in the early days of DKIM most people assumed DKIM would
become a protocol where:

    * the body hash and header hash, using various header fields,
      certifies the DKIM signature and
    * the DKIM signature certifies the body and header fields, that
      had been used to create the DKIM signature.

Rolf,

By "certify" do you mean "assert that they are true/correct/something
along those lines"?

see the message I just sent to the list.

/rolf