Re: [ietf-dkim] Output summary - proposing ODID "Originating Domain Identity"

2011-05-04 12:50:26

On 5/4/2011 9:15 AM, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
My read is that Rolf is objecting to RFC4871bis on the grounds that it
conflicts with RFC4686.  (He can and should correct me if I'm wrong.)

If his concerns would be satisfied by a change (perhaps an appendix?) that
simply acknowledges some evolution in thinking based on experience since
RFC4686 was published, I imagine that wouldn't meet with much resistance.

My reading of the concern is specifically that the statement of DKIM's goal has
been refined over time and that all that might be useful for the current
document is to cite that fact and, perhaps, compare original versus current
statements.  The appendix to do that would be very short.  It perhaps should
cite the incremental changes across the sequence of wg documents and explain
the
salient meaning of the change, but in informative and not normative terms.

If there is more material at issue, what is it?

d/
--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking