Re: [ietf-dkim] Output summary - proposing ODID "Originating Domain Identity"

2011-05-04 16:19:10

On 5/4/2011 12:24 PM, Michael Thomas wrote:
On 05/04/2011 11:26 AM, Dave CROCKER wrote:
It's because I didn't want to imply that those were the only two.

This is quite a remarkable premise for refusing to provide concrete
substance.

I'm trying to imagine how a working group could ever make progress, were
this premise prevalent. Don't offer substance without providing a massive
tome to cover everything that qualifies it enough to avoid misunderstanding
what hasn't been said...

More ad-hominems.

Oh?

Serious charge.

Please cite the specific text that qualifies as an ad hominem.

Please explain exactly what about it qualifies as an ad hominem.

44 pages of diffs scares the living hell out of me.

What number of pages would make you merely slightly uncomfortable?  What is your
limit?  Does it matter what the nature of the changes is?

d/

ps. It's worth noting that an unfounded charge of ad hominem behavior is,
itself, an ad hominem, since it focuses attention on a particular person, as
well as libeling them...

--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking