Re: [ietf-dkim] Issue: Consider deprecating "l="

2011-05-09 18:05:02
So I'll ask it this way, starting a new thread for it:
I determine from discussion that there's enough support for
deprecating "l=" to qualify as rough consensus *if* there's not much
objection to it.  It's the objection we need to gauge.  Please post to
this thread if you object to deprecating "l=" in 4871bis.  You may say
why you object, but please keep it brief, and let's not have a lot of
discussion of it here.  If there's enough objection to derail
deprecation, we will leave it alone.

That was quick.  I believe we already have enough objections to say
that we do NOT have rough consensus for deprecating l= at this time.
I'll close the issue in the tracker (issue #26), and we will leave it
as it is.

Of course, folks may, if it makes them feel good, continue to register
objections here.

:-D

Barry, as chair