Re: [ietf-dkim] PROTO writeup for draft-ietf-dkim-mailinglists-10

2011-05-11 10:26:59
1. The offer primarily serves to suggest that the document has questionable
purpose or clarity.

Offering to make the document a Proposed Standard, on the standards
track, suggests that it's questionable?  I fail to see that.

3.  As negotiating model's go, it is counter-productive to open with a
fall-back offer.

There is no sense in which this is a "fall-back".  I see it as a
*better* mechanism for this document than BCP, if the IESG decides
that it agrees.  The "experiment" is seeing if the IESG agrees, and
the fall-back is BCP.

Barry