Re: [ietf-dkim] PROTO writeup for draft-ietf-dkim-mailinglists-10

2011-05-11 10:33:14

On 5/11/2011 8:22 AM, Barry Leiba wrote:
3.  As negotiating model's go, it is counter-productive to open with a
fall-back offer.

Offering to participate in an unformulated experiment that has no schedule is a
fallback, yes.

There is no sense in which this is a "fall-back".  I see it as a
*better* mechanism for this document than BCP, if the IESG decides
that it agrees.  The "experiment" is seeing if the IESG agrees, and
the fall-back is BCP.

Perhaps I missed the working group discussion that agreed to this approach?

d/

--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking