Re: [ietf-dkim] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dkim-mailinglists-10.txt> (DKIM And Mailing Lists) to BCP

2011-05-15 22:10:03
I'd be very surprised to find that mention of "cron" in an RFC is
"unprecedented".  Maybe I'll download the RFC set, have Google do a
word index on it, and see.

RFCs 2123, 2839, 4833, and 5427 refer to cron and cron jobs. There may be others, but I found those with a simple grep. (If anyone was planning to ask what grep is, don't.)

I don't see that "automated mail robot with an MTA" is right at all.
But I see what you're getting at, and I'd support a change such as
this:

      The author can be a human using an MUA (Mail User Agent) or
      an automated process that may send mail (for example, the "cron"
      Unix system utility).

There's no need to change the current language. RFCs have been referring to cron jobs since 1997.

R's,
John