Re: [ietf-dkim] New canonicalizations

2011-05-18 12:45:59
-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Eiloart [mailto:iane(_at_)sussex(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk]
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 2:39 AM
To: Murray S. Kucherawy
Cc: ietf-dkim(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] New canonicalizations

According to what we have, the biggest users of "relaxed/relaxed" are
the large mailbox providers like Gmail and Yahoo and other legitimate
senders, not spammers.  The top 20, for example:

These aren't contradictory. If spammers are spreading their load across
large numbers of domains, then it's entirely feasible that top 1000
signing domains are not spammers, but that spammers collectively are
(or will one day be) responsible for over 50% of signatures. I don't
know whether that's the case though.

The contradiction is in the assertion that primarily spammers are using
relaxed/relaxed, not the quantity of domains involved.