Re: [ietf-dkim] DKIM expert group meeting for Dutch 'comply or explain' list

2011-06-23 23:23:45
On 6/23/11 8:34 PM, John R. Levine wrote:
I'm pretty sure that we have uniformly agreed not to attempt to do
MUA design, so, no, it doesn't.  We have no idea what is displayed
in the message.  We have no idea if the message will ever be
displayed at all.
Ian,

John is right.  Most headers are displayed selecting top-down
If you'll review the message you were quoting, I said "We have no idea
what is displayed in the message." I have done some experiements, and
MUAs are utterly inconsistent.
Assuming this is some other protocol layers problem; to ensure
consistency between any possible display and DKIM validation, this can
only be done by excluding illegal duplicates from verifying as valid
DKIM signatures.  Is there any other way?  In such a case, the selection
order of the MUA or email sorter would not matter.

-Doug