Re: [ietf-dkim] spam filtering 101, was DKIM expert group meeting for Dutch 'comply or explain' list

2011-06-24 07:58:57
For me, as an MTA operator, I'm happy that I have justification for
rejecting messages with the wrong number of From: headers.

I have pointed out at least six times, that in the extremely unlikely
event that bad guys were to send mail with double From headers you can
just dump it, since no real mail has more than one.  You don't need DKIM
for that.  Spam filters have detected spam by looking for technical
message flaws for over a decade, and this is just another one.

I don't know how to say that any more clearly.  Perhaps you can explain it
to Doug.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet
for Dummies",