Re: [ietf-dkim] [dmarc-ietf] draft-kucherawy-dmarc-rcpts

2016-11-15 10:55:06
On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 07:42:16AM -0500, Scott Kitterman wrote:
OK.  Ultimately, "don't sign spam" has got to be the solution or reputation
is
going to suffer, so I think they are going to have to eventually bite the
bullet and fix it.

I think you underestimate how difficult it is to detect spam in cases
like this. Good spam, from a spammer's point of view, looks like
legitimate email, except that it's sent in bulk, or links to some bad
site (malware/phishing), or has a malicious attachment. The attachment
aside, none of this has to be present when the first instance of the
email is sent (and signed). And even detecting new malware isn't as
trivial as it may sound.

Martijn.