Re: [ietf-dkim] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC6376 (4926)

2017-02-07 12:57:01
On 2/7/2017 10:52 AM, Barry Leiba wrote:
I suspect that "says something technically wrong" is meant to constrain
things to the specification content, but that's not what the RFC-Editor
definition says, nor is it clear to me that it should be that constrained.

I agree.  I think it mostly should, but that there should be judgment involved.

The current error has technical import, since we are talking about a broken
validation.

So, I'm not at all clear that this qualifies as only an 'Editorial' error.

I don't see it that way.
I think there's a difference between an example that includes

So, I think I understand that view, which is why I said "ambiguous".

And the only reason I'm pursuing it, here, is that I think the determination of an erratum should not be so subjective. I think the RFC Editor language defining categories should have criteria that are considerably more crisp.

d/

--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking