Re: [ietf-dkim] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC6376 (4926)

2017-02-07 20:07:32
Roland, your question is quite appropriate, and thanks for raising it.

At one level, I don't think it matters that much, so we're sort of arguing
minutiae.  But that's something Dave (and John) and I are often wont to do,
so...

My view is that the errata report type is there to alert viewers to what's
most important to note when you're implementing.  Do you need to look at
this to inform your implementation?   If you miss this one, will your
implementation suffer?

I think that's not the case here.  As I see it, the worst that will happen
is that you'll code, you'll test, and maybe you'll try pasting this example
in... and then you'll see a verification failure.  "Huh?", you'll say.  So
you'll check, and then you'll see the (maybe editorial) errata report, and
say, " Ah, that's OK, then," and move on.

Barry

On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 5:52 PM Roland Turner
<roland(_at_)rolandturner(_dot_)com>