Re: [ietf-dkim] Where is the formal definition of DKIM-Signature?

2018-02-08 07:25:04
someone asked me about case sensitiveness of the header field name.  I looked
for an ABNF in RFC6376, but only found examples and informative notes.

I was going to say that can't possibly be true, but it's true, there's no ABNF for the header. So, for example, I don't know whether the v= field has to come first. Send an erratum, we'll probably accept it as hold for update.

By the way, all field names are case insensitive. RFC 5322 doesn't say that explicitly, but the ABNF for the field names makes it pretty clear, On the other hand, RFC 5322 also says that field names can be any printing ASCII character so this is be a valid header.

$"%\)': plugh

Regards,
John Levine, johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for
Dummies",