ietf-dkim

Re: [ietf-dkim] versions, Where is the formal definition of DKIM-Signature?

2018-02-08 10:54:05
On Thu, 8 Feb 2018, Mark Delany wrote:
Heh. I'm still waiting to hear a good reason as to why "v=" exists at all -
apart
from exposing brittle parsers which mistakenly expect it to show up as the first
tag.

I had a draft that invented v=2, for headers with a tag syntax that is not quite backward compatible with the current spec. I realize that we could change the header to DKIM-Improved-Signature but the change was small and it smelled to me like the same header.

See https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-levine-dkim-conditional/

Regards,
John Levine, johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for
Dummies",