Re: [ietf-dkim] Where is the formal definition of DKIM-Signature?

2018-02-08 10:21:14
"v=1" doesn't have to come first.  It just usually does.  I think there was
a version of RFC4871 that did that, but then when challenged we couldn't
come up with a good reason to keep it that way.

Heh. I'm still waiting to hear a good reason as to why "v=" exists at all -
apart
from exposing brittle parsers which mistakenly expect it to show up as the first
tag.

It's about as likely to change as "MIME-Version: 1.0", which is to say, never.

Mark.