Re: Anonymous signed mail

2004-08-30 17:02:48

On Aug 30, 2004, at 7:32 PM, william(at)elan.net wrote:

I would generally be opposed to SMTP Callback, it does not buy us anything that we can't do with one of the other protocols which could potentially be developed in eithier way. HTTP XML based protocol extensions could work
better and be lot more extendeable.

Who says that an SMTP callback can't hand back XML? How is HTTP more extensible than SMTP?

The point of an SMTP callback is that only one service gets modified and no new DNS records need to be added. With an HTTP service, you need a new DNS record (SPF, NAPTR, SRV, or SHINEY-NEW) and you either need a new HTTP service or modify the existing one.

-andy