RE: charter constraints list

2004-10-02 10:18:27

On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 12:12:43 -0500, Seth Goodman wrote:
 Yes, computational overhead is still quite important.  SSL is
 widely adopted but used on only a small fraction of traffic
 that actually needs to be secured.  The significant
 additional server overhead is the largest part of

As I recall, the yahoo folks have calculated that complete
adoption of domainkeys would require that yahoo add about US$
100K of hardware.

Given the scale of their operation, this strikes me as a
negligible cost.  Presumably this is proportionally
representative of the impact on other operations.

d/
--
Dave Crocker  <mailto:dcrocker-at-brandenburg-dot-com>
Brandenburg InternetWorking  <http://brandenburg.com>