RE: charter constraints list

2004-10-02 11:09:31

--- Dave Crocker <dcrocker(_at_)brandenburg(_dot_)com> wrote:

As I recall, the yahoo folks have calculated that complete
adoption of domainkeys would require that yahoo add about US$
100K of hardware.

Given the scale of their operation, this strikes me as a
negligible cost.  Presumably this is proportionally
representative of the impact on other operations.

As I recall, it was more like $50k, and that assumed that all of our
email -- both inbound and outbound was signed. Hotmail has publically
indicated that it blocks over 3 Billion messages per day, and yahoo
mail handles mail for a similar size user base -- hopefully that gives
an indication of the scale we are talking about.

Sendmail did a much more valid test in July
http://sendmail.net/dk-milter/benchmark/
and determined their DomainKeys implementation would add 8-16% overhead
to MTAs.

miles