Re: Why we don't require requirements

2004-10-05 15:46:25

On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 15:09:38 -0700, Jim Fenton wrote:
 What's important in this space is not whether I'm "Jim Fenton
 <fenton(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com>" as my PGP key says I am, but whether the
 administrators of my domain agree that I'm authorized to send
 mail using that address.

I have not noticed the matter of 'authorization' cited explicitly
in discussed in the arena of MASS.

CSV treats authentication and authorization explicitly, but
independently.  Some other, non-MASS proposals mix them together.

But until now, I hadn't noticed message header/content
authentication being discussed as including email-usage
authorization.

Certainly it is a major bit of semantics, so we need to make sure
we are explicit about it and have sufficient consensus.

d/
--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking