RE: charter constraints list

2004-10-09 14:02:17

From: Michael Thomas
Sent: Saturday, October 09, 2004 2:50 PM

Seth Goodman writes:
 > Frankly, the singing being
 > an order of magnitude faster than the validation is not particularly
 > believable.

\/\/hatever.

In other words, if the answer is not the one you wanted, you're going to
ignore it?  I presented a reasonable case for DK signatures being very
expensive due to their reliance on RSA signatures.  Since you disagree,
please address any problems you find there.  "Whatever" is not an answer.

Try:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-alpha/2003/05/msg00036.html

Or better yet, do your own test since that's likely the only
thing you're going to believe.

And I said that verifying is faster than signing.

Which is exactly the opposite of what the Crypto++ 3.1 benchmark data _you_
presented claimed, and by a factor of 20.

I'm not the one who is proposing this particular signing technology.  The
burden of proof is on those who propose it.  There is credible data out
there, as well as a lot of experience, that indicates RSA signatures are
horribly expensive.  Make an argument against it.  Run _your_ own tests if
necessary and present them.

--

Seth Goodman