Re: semantics of the signature

2004-10-09 13:31:59

On Sat, 9 Oct 2004, Dave Crocker wrote:

    I need to ask you to hit reset.  You have latched onto the idea
    that this is strictly supposed to be MTA-MTA and are now
    asserting that as a fundamental label.  This strawman that you
    are using is quite simply wrong. Please stop using it, since it's
    only utility will be to prevent further communication.

Um, well, I'm confused.  Can you be more specific about the premise I
have wrong?

I am trying to understand the model, which I thought I came around to
realizing was a domain-based signature primarily managed by MTAs.  If
I've got that wrong then where did I lose it?

And if that's not it, not only do I still not understand what the model
for the goal of this working group is, but I'm still stuck on opposing
MUA (end-user) signatures and this working group, since that still
sounds like re-inventing secure email to me.

Help me out here.

Jim