Re: semantics of the signature

2004-10-09 08:49:23

 Certainly the most logical place to implement an end-MTA to
 end-MTA signature mechanism is in the end-MTAs, but I'm open
 to exploring other options.

 On the sending side, it still seems incongruous to me to have
 the sending MUA create the MTA signature, but I'm open to

Jim,

I need to ask you to hit reset.  You have latched onto the idea
that this is strictly supposed to be MTA-MTA and are now
asserting that as a fundamental label.  This strawman that you
are using is quite simply wrong. Please stop using it, since it's
only utility will be to prevent further communication.

The fact that some people have made the reference to use in an
oMTA-rMTA mode has nothing to do with the model or specification
for this service.

Therefore, asserting statements like you made, above, is using an
incorrect premise.

d/
--
Dave Crocker